Course Duration: One-Day Course
Venue: Jurys Inn, CARDIFF
(formerly known as Parc Hotel)
Course Fee: £135
Date: 16 October 2018
Professor Behavioural Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.
Honorary Professor University of Manchester, UK.
Honorary Consultant Psychologist, Salford Royal Foundation Trust and Central Manchester Foundation Trust, UK.
Psychological management & self-management support in long-term conditions (particularly complex psoriasis).
Clinician training for patient self-management support.
1. Identification and Management of Psoriasis Associated Co morbidities (IMPACT)
2. Patient Reported Outcomes in Management of Psoriasis (PROMPT)
3. Psoriasis and specific co-morbidities (Psoriatic Arthritis and Psychology study; Eating & Mood in Psoriasis; Sleep, Mood & Psoriasis)
Over the last 25 years I have conducted translational research, applying psychology to inform and improve patient care. My focus is on the role of patient beliefs about long-term conditions and how this impacts on their mood and health behaviour through to interventions that enhance motivation for self-management. That research has been across long-term conditions and over the last 8 years has focussed on psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I design and deliver psychological interventions for mood management and behaviour change in long-term conditions and train motivational interviewing skills to health care staff as part of their routine consultations.
I served as President of the UK Society for Behavioural Medicine until December 2016 and have served on two NICE clinical guideline development groups. I have over 100 peer review publications including four key reports on the development of NHS patient services. I lead or collaborate on NIHR, industry and patient charity partners with research awards totalling over £20M.
Intended Course Audience
The course is intended for practising phototherapy professionals who have previously completed a comprehensive training course in phototherapies.
This one-day course will provide up-to-date information on the latest developments in phototherapy techniques, equipment and practice guidelines. It will present interactive learning opportunities in areas of phototherapy practice, as well as lectures on subjects of relevance to phototherapy.
– The course is delivered by experienced experts in phototherapy practice.
– It will provide phototherapy professionals with evidence of continuing professional development.
– Delegates will have the opportunity to network with other phototherapists and associated professionals.
– Up to date reference materials can be used to re-evaluate current practice.
– Technical exhibition will provide opportunity to see and discuss available phototherapy equipment and consumables.
(Taken from September 2017 Course)
Fees – What’s Included?
The course fee includes lunch and refreshments during the teaching day, and associated teaching materials. Accommodation costs are not included, but there are a wide range of hotels in Cardiff City Centre within walking distance of the venue if you are planning to stay.
Payment of the course fees is to be made in full 8 weeks before commencement of the course. If payment is not received, the place will be given to the first person on the waiting list. We will not send reminders so would advise payment on receipt of invoice.
16 October 2018
Venue: Jurys Inn, CARDIFF (formerly known as Parc Hotel)