Course Duration: Three-Day Course
Venue: Jurys Inn, CARDIFF
(formerly known as Parc Hotel)
Course Fee: £995 (NB: this does not include accommodation costs)
Date: 2-4 November 2019
Intended Course Audience
These intensive three-day courses in UV phototherapy are intended for:
- Qualified nurses and physiotherapists who have not previously received formal training in this form of treatment.
- Practitioners currently working in skin clinics but feel their training in phototherapy and PUVA has been deficient.
- Nurses and physiotherapists who wish to update and consolidate their knowledge in this increasingly complicated subject.
The course will cover the basics of phototherapy and PUVA, to allow insight into how good working practices can be developed from a firm grasp of first principles.
- Both theoretical and practical aspects of the subjects will be covered, including:
- the UV radiation spectrum
- radiation protection and measurement
- effects of UV on the skin
- photoresponsive diseases
- pharmacology of topical and oral psoralens
- UV-B therapy (narrow-band)
- management of adverse events
- counselling and consent of patients
- clinic documentation
- medical audit and quality control
- health education and research
There will also be an introductory lecture on photodynamic therapy (PDT) for skin disorders.
On receipt of payment of the course fees, you will receive a pdf version of the training manual for pre-course reading. A printed copy will be issued during the course.
Fees – What’s Included?
The course fee includes lunch and refreshments during the teaching day and associated teaching materials.
Accommodation costs are not included, but there are a wide range of hotels in Cardiff City Centre within walking distance of the venue if you are planning to stay. NB: We would advise that, if your travel time is more than 45 minutes, you should consider staying in Cardiff as the extent of additional reading and the onerous amount of work covered during the course is very tiring.
Payment of the course fees is to be made in full 8 weeks before commencement of the course. If payment is not received, the place will be given to the first person on the waiting list. We will not send reminders so would advise payment on receipt of invoice.
Certificate of Competence
A certificate of competence to practise phototherapy and PUVA will be presented to course delegates who complete the training and pass the written assessments.
Date: 2-4 November 2019
Venue: Jurys Inn, CARDIFF (formerly known as Parc Hotel)